All of the dreams we built up from the ground, They never believed them they just tore them down, We will rebuild them from the start, we will rebuild them from the heart... - HOOBASTANK, "From the Heart", Every Man for Himself

Friday, March 2, 2007

The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy

There was a prime time special on this Monday about the Leadership Academy that Oprah Winfrey has opened in South Africa. It a school for girls with a lot of leadership skills.

The girls that got into that school have really sad stories. Some walk for miles in the dark risking getting attacked by creeps just to go to school. Their stories were really sad. I didn't think it affected me very much, but then once I started to think about how much it would take to fix the nation of Africa it got a little overwhelming. I got to feeling like, "Just fix the country, anything, just do something." I know I'm not thinking of all of the implications, but it does get a little overwhelming.

Anyway, I cried a lot and the documentary was really great.

It's going to re-air on Saturday, March 3rd at 8PM EST. USA.

ZB24

No comments: